A list of some of the best online educational resources. Attend lectures at Yale, learn how to build a robot, see talks by Noam Chomsky, Bill Clinton and Guy Kawasaki. All free.
- FORA.tv – Social issues and changing the planet.
- Big Think – Global forum ideas and talks by experts.
- Google Talks – Prominent politicians, musicians, artists and authors giving talks at Google.
- The Science Network – Feed your inner science geek.
- Open Culture – Cultural and educational media aggregator.
- YouTube EDU – Universities on YouTube.
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Build a robot and launch it into space.
- Open Yale Courses – Intro courses at Yale. Now you can become one of these folks.
- Stanford Entrepreneurship Corner – Talks with famous entrepreneurs.
- UC Berkeley Online Lectures – UC Berkeley podcasts and video lectures.
- Conversations with History – A series of talks with the distinguished.
- VideoLectures – Free online lectures.
- TED – The granddaddy of online lectures.
- Academic Earth – Lectures by world’s top scholars.
- WGBH – Online lectures galore.
For more great resources, see 50 ways to get inspired on a Friday afternoon.
Do you have any favorites? Share them in the comments below.